Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     

Transfer Housing

Congratulations on your acceptance into the TCNJ family. Please follow the instructions below for information on how to apply for housing, as well as some common questions that transfer students often ask.

Applying for Housing:

  1. Login to My Housing and verify your personal information on the left of the screen.
  2. Click on the 16-17 academic year application
  3. Fill out the personal profile, emergency contact, and additional information pages.

Frequently Asked Questions:

If I am assigned a space, where will it be?
At TCNJ, we house students by class cohort. Freshmen live in Travers, Wolfe, Centennial, Allen, Brewster, Ely and Norsworthy. Sophomores live in Eickhoff, New Residence, Decker, Cromwell, Norsworthy and Townhouse East. Juniors and seniors live in Townhouses, Hausdoerffer and Phelps.
You can view building details by clicking on the ‘residential facilities’ tab on the menu header. You can also check your class cohort (first year, sophomore, junior or senior) in the top left corner of your My Housing profile.

What are my chances of getting offered a space on campus for spring ’17?
Housing is guaranteed for the first 100 transfer students who submit their enrollment deposit.

What if I cannot log in to My Housing?
If you are having difficulty signing into My Housing and you are receiving the error message “your details cannot be found,” please check if:

  1. You are using your correct username and password (the same one you use to check your TCNJ email or log into PAWS)
  2. You have sent in your admissions deposit and allowed enough time for Housing to receive your student information. Please note that student information will not be sent to Housing until early May for fall admits.

What is a health hold?
All new students are required to complete pre-entrance health requirements as a condition for entry to campus housing.  When you meet all TCNJ health requirements, Student Health Services will release your health hold.  If you have not done so already, please go online to the Student Health Services’ website and download “Pre-Entrance Health Requirement Packet.”

It is important that you get started on completing these requirements right away because you may need to get a missing vaccination or locate a record.  It also takes time after you submit your records for Student Health Services to review them.  Please allow sufficient time!

Please note that students who are applying to live in campus housing are required to have a meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination within 5 years of July 15, 2016.  If you had this vaccination more than 5 years ago, even by one day, a second vaccination is needed (NO EXCEPTIONS).  Student Health Services also recommends that students between 16-23 years of age get vaccinated against meningococcal meningitis type B.  Please talk to your healthcare provider and request this vaccination.  To clarify, only the meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination is REQUIRED to live in campus housing.