The College Houses, although physically located off-campus, are still considered on-campus housing for residential students. There are 9 houses in total, with 3 of them located on Carlton Avenue and the other 6 located on Pennington Road. The College Houses are maintained by the Trenton State Corporation.
For the 2015-2016 academic year, only Pennington 1904, 1908, 1910, and 1914 as well as Carlton 46 and 60 will be available for students to select for room selection.
- Housing is only available while classes are in session
- Students may not use any adhesive materials on the walls, doors or ceilings
- Double and single bedrooms, living room, kitchen/dining area with two bathrooms
- Washer and dryer located in each house
- Bedroom: desk and chair, desk lamp, dresser, extra long twin bed and wardrobe or closet
- Dining Room: tables and chairs
- Living Room: sofa, chairs (except 60 Carlton), coffee table, table lamp and shelf lamp (in some locations only)
- Kitchen: refrigerator, oven, stove and microwave
- Cleaning Accessories: vacuum, mop, toilet brush, dust pan and broom
- Students must provide their own linens, kitchen utensils, small appliances, cleaning solvents and personal items.
- Gas/Oil heat and electricity included
- The College has contracted telephone service through Verizon for all houses. New tenants must contact Verizon prior to move in to have phone account put in individual name. If not done, phone service will be disconnected.
- Cable is provided in all student rooms through Comcast Cablevision
- Internet and e-mail services are available for students through an Ethernet connection and/or wireless. For more information, see TCNJ’s Residential Networking Services .
- Front, back and individual bedroom lock doors.
- Apartments are alarmed
- For lockouts you may sign out a spare key from the Hausdoerffer Hall Office
- 911 calls to Ewing Police for emergency assistance
- Lost key will result in $400 lock change, charged to the individual student
- Parking is permitted only at the three Carlton Road residences which means all other College House residents would need to park on campus.
- No cars may be left over college break periods
- Cars must have valid registration and insurance
- Students purchase residential parking permits (Check with Parking Services for price).
- Student’s mail should be addressed the street address of the house – NOT The College of New Jersey
- A request for a room change within the the 9 houses or into central campus housing may be facilitated through the Residence Director located in Phelps Hall.
- Call the TSC Corporation office at 609-771-3312.
- For emergencies after hours (between 4:30pm-8am) follow the instructions listed in the emergency call section provided at check-in.
- Students are billed individually for damages in their rooms and collectively for damages in common areas by TSC Corporation
All houses are located either on Pennington Ave (the street of the main entrance of The College) or Carlton Ave, the street directly across from the main entrance.