In an effort to ensure physical distancing and to be in compliance with Executive order 155, specifically the items referenced by the New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education on June 18, 2020 in the “Restart Plan for All New Jersey Colleges and Universities,” and to provide a safe and comfortable environment for students, their families and Residential Education staff, move-in for the Fall 2020 will be scheduled over the course of 11 days.
Move in appointments will be available between August 14 and August 20. Students will be able to sign-up for a 3 hour appointment to pick-up their keys, unload their belongings into their room and return home. No students will be permitted to remain on-campus during this time period. Residents may have no more than 2 individuals provide assistance with moving in. All students and individuals providing assistance are required to wear face coverings. Check-in will start at the Brower Student Center for students to pick-up their room keys and ID card (new students only).
On August 21 and August 22, ONLY first year and transfer students will be able to sign-up for a 3 hour appointment to pick-up their keys, move-in and begin residing on-campus (no more than 2 individuals may provide assistance moving in). Priority will be given to those students who live more than 100 miles away. First year students who moved in between August 14 and August 20 will be able to return to campus after 12pm on Saturday, August 22 (drop off only – no visitors permitted in the residence halls). These students should be dropped off at Lot #4 because families are not permitted in the residence halls and there will be other residents doing their initial move-in at this time. Welcome Week Activities are scheduled to begin in the afternoon on Saturday, August 22nd with meals provided starting at dinner. Students will check-in at designated locations for their assigned residence hall.
On August 23 and 24, Returning students will be able to sign-up for a 3 hour appointment to pick-up their keys, move-in and begin residing on-campus. Priority will be given to those students who live more than 100 miles away from campus. Meal plans will begin at brunch, Sunday, August 23 for all students. Returning students who moved in between August 14 and August 20 will be permitted to return after 4pm, August 23 or after 12pm, August 24 (drop off only – no visitors permitted in the residence halls). Students will check-in at designated locations for their assigned residence hall.
Due to Conference and Event Services guests, Townhouse West will have a delayed move-in starting August 16 through August 20 when all house are available. Additional time for Townhouse West residents will be provided on August 21 and August 22, however, residents cannot stay overnight until August 23.
Move In Schedule by Day
There will be 3 time slots per day available for students to sign-up (keys available 30 minutes prior to time slot starting):
Time Slot 1: 8:30am-11:30am
Time Slot 2: 11:30am-2:30pm
Time Slot 3: 2:30pm-5:30pm
|Date||Class Year||Type||Check-in Location||Comment|
|Friday, August 14||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC||Townhouse West Not Available|
|Saturday, August 15||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC||Townhouse West Not Available|
|Sunday, August 16||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC|
|Monday, August 17||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC|
|Tuesday, August 18||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC|
|Wednesday, August 19||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC|
|Thursday, August 20||First-Year and Returners||Drop off belongings and Go Back Home||Central Location – BSC|
|Friday, August 21||First-Year, Transfer and Townhouse West||First-Years Stay Overnight – THW Drop off||T/W Lounge, Allen Drawing Room, Eickhoff Hall Office, Cromwell Main Lounge, THW Lounge||No meals – Townhouse West residents can drop off belongings|
|Saturday, August 22||First-year, Transfer and Townhouse West||First-Years Stay Overnight – THW Drop off||T/W Lounge, Allen Drawing Room, Eickhoff Hall Office, Cromwell Main Lounge, THW Lounge||Townhouse West residents can drop off belongings|
|Sunday, August 23||Returning Students||Stay Overnight||Eickhoff Hall Office, Townhouse Lounges, Hausdoerffer Lounge||Meal Plans Start|
|Monday, August 24||Returning Students||Stay Overnight||Eickhoff Hall Office, Townhouse Lounges, Hausdoerffer Lounge|
Move In Time Slot Selection
Students will be able to select a time slot based on the building they are assigned to by accessing “Move in Appointments” directly through My Housing. In order to best manage traffic and minimize the chance of the site crashing, each building/complex will have a designated window of time to sign up for a move in appointment on Friday, July 31, 2020. Please be sure not to login to My Housing outside of your designated time frame as you will not be able to sign up for move in and it will impede those who should be signing up. If you miss the designated window for your building, move in appointments will reopen to everyone at 6pm on Friday, July 31, 2020.
|8:00am-8:30am||Students 100+ miles from campus|
|9:15am-10:00am||Allen, Brewster, Ely and Norsworthy|
|10:45am-11:30am||Centennial and College Houses|
|1:00pm-1:45pm||Eickhoff and New Residence|
Check In Locations
|Buildings||Check-In Location||Check-In Dates||Comments|
|All||BSC||August 14 – August 20||Drop and Go Days|
|Centennial, EAB, Norsworthy||Allen Hall Office||August 21 and August 22|
|Eickhoff and New Res||Eickhoff Hall Office||August 21 – August 24|
|Cromwell and Decker||Cromwell Main Lounge||August 23 and August 24|
|Wolfe||T/W Lounge||August 21 and August 22||Wolfe side of T/W Lounge|
|Travers||T/W Lounge||August 21 and August 22||Travers side of T/W Lounge|
|Townhouse South||Townhouse South Lounge Office||August 23 and August 24|
|Townhouse East||Townhouse East Lounge||August 23 and August 24|
|Townhouse West||Townhouse West Lounge||August 21 – August 24|
|Phelps & Haus & College Houses||Hausdoerffer Main Lounge||August 23 – 24|
Student Expectations and Guidelines
- Remember Roscoe’s Pledge!
- Students must read and follow All Directional Signage
- No More than 2 helpers per student and one vehicle
- There will be no carts available
- Please following Physical Distancing expectations of 6 feet between groups
- Lock-out Reminder/Expectations – if a resident locks themselves out, staff will ask them to wait 6 feet from their room door while staff respond to unlock the door
- No more than one family Per Elevator
- Key will only be issued to the student therefore they are the only ones permitted in the check-in location
- Three hour time limit then you are expected to leave (August 14 – 20 all individuals must leave, August 21 – 24 – guests/families must leave)
- Card access only works for when they are assigned to move-in
- No tailgating into the building
- Please plan accordingly and limit amount of stuff you bring for examples please refer to our – what to bring list. If you are coming during the “Drop and Go” time period, do not plan to unpack all your belongings, this can be done when you return and stay prior to the start of the semester
- Masks are required at all times inside any residence hall
- Residents must adhere to their scheduled time slot to ensure the safety of themselves and the rest of the community
- If you cannot do it all in one time slot – students may attempt to sign-up for another time slot but should NOT remain longer than their originally scheduled 3 hours
Check In Process
- Students will report to their designated check-in location – guests and families should wait in the car or may begin unloading belongings to bring to the student room. Only students are permitted in the check-in area
- Students will be issued their room key as well as their Student ID if they are a new student. Prior to their arrival, student IDs will have their building security sticker attached to their ID card and their PPE materials will be left in their room
- At check-in, students will verbally acknowledge their responsibility for their room key (no signature or key card will be utilized) and will receive their Room Condition Report, Mailbox assignment/combination via email
- After receiving their room key, students will be permitted to move their belongings into their room, abiding by all directional signage and previously stated expectations. If they are coming during the designated “Drop and Go” time period, they should unload their belongings within their 2 ½ hour time slot and may return home. Students who will be remaining on-campus after checking in may only have guests/families assist during their 2 ½ hour time slot, after which, guests are expected to leave the building
- Residential Education staff will announce floor meetings and other information to students via signage on the floor
- At the end of each day, we will check all rooms that were moved into to verify the doors have been locked
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I cannot find a time slot that works for me?
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I stay longer if I run out of time unpacking my car?
- You cannot stay longer than your time slot. Please call us to determine if there is any availability in the next time slot for the day or else you will need to sign-up for another day
- I missed my time slot, can I sign-up for another one?
- Please login to My Housing to schedule a new time slot. If it is after your allotted time slot please email email@example.com so that we can remove the time slot on your behalf.
- I didn’t submit my ID photo in time, how do I get an ID?
- Information will be provided from Card Services regarding obtaining your ID card