|The newly renovated Green Farm Salads in The Atrium at Eickhoff|
Residential Meal Plans
As defined in the Annual Residence Hall and Dining Service Contract, a meal plan is required for all residential students at The College of New Jersey. For additional information on meal plan balances and usage guidelines, visit TCNJ Dining’s page.
The general timeline for meal plans to be changed is from the start of room selection in late February/early March through early July for the fall semester and from early-October to late November for the spring semester. Specific dates for meal plan changes are advertised through e-mail and on the housing website.
For additional information on meal plan guidelines or the change process, see the sections below.
Meal Plan Guidelines
- Students who do not pick a meal plan for the fall semester will be automatically assigned a meal plan by Residential Education and Housing. A freshman or sophomore will receive Carte Blanche B and a junior or senior will receive A La Carte 2.
- If you do not pick a new meal plan for the spring, you will retain the same meal plan from the fall.
- If you do not have a spring meal plan and you do not pick a new one, you will be given the same meal plan you had for the fall semester.
- In the rare circumstance where a student has a Spring assignment, no Fall or Spring meal plan, and does not log on to change/pick a meal plan for the spring semester, the student will be assigned based on #1 above.
- The Apartment Plan is only available to students living in Phelps and Hausedoerffer. Residents who select this plan but do not meet the criteria will have their meal plan changed. In this instance, residents would be given the same meal plan from the fall semester for the spring.
Full details as to which meal plans are available to students can be seen by logging on to My Housing and accessing the meal plan step.
How to Change Your Meal Plan
- Log onto My Housing.
- Select your application for the current academic year.
- Click on Selecting a Meal Plan from the steps at the top of the page.
- Select the meal plan you would like from the drop down menu. Please be careful if you use the scroll on your mouse this will change the selection on the drop down menu unless you click on the page outside of the drop down menu.
- Click “Save & Continue”.
- You will be taken to the Application Status page that will show the meal plan you selected. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation that your meal plan has been changed. We recommend saving this e-mail for your records.
If you are a non-residential student and are interested in purchasing a meal plan, please see the TCNJ Dining website for details on their Block Plans or sign up for a Carte Blanche meal plan. Please note that the Block meal plan and Carte Blanche meal plan are different from one another in usage, set-up, and cost.
Please do not hesitate to call our office at (609) 771-2301 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns that you may have.