Congratulations on your acceptance to TCNJ! Please follow the instructions below for information on how to apply for housing, as well as some common questions that transfer students often ask.
Applying for Housing
- Login to My Housing and from the home page select the Housing Application (available after May 8, 2023).
- Click on the application for the desired academic year.
- Fill out the personal profile, emergency contacts and additional information pages. The Room and Meal Plan Selection pages will open up to you after you have signed the Housing contract.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I am selecting a space, where will it be?
At TCNJ, we house students by class cohort.
- First year students live in Travers, Wolfe, Centennial, Allen, Brewster, Ely, Cromwell, and Norsworthy.
- Sophomores live in Eickhoff, New Residence, Decker, and Townhouse East.
- Juniors and Seniors live in the Townhouses, Hausdoerffer and Phelps.
You can view building details by clicking on the ‘residential facilities’ tab on the menu header above.
As a newly admitted student, what are my chances of selecting a space on campus for my first semester/academic year at TCNJ?
Housing for transfers is guaranteed for the upcoming academic year. Interested students are encouraged to apply for housing as soon as possible in order to work with the Housing team to secure a bed space. Available bed spaces will come from the appropriate cohort inventory and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
What if I cannot log in to My Housing?
If you are having difficulty signing into MyHousing and you are receiving the error message “your details cannot be found,” please check if:
- You are using your correct username and password (the same one you use to check your TCNJ email or log into PAWS)
- You have sent in your admissions deposit and allowed enough time for Housing to receive your student information. Please note that student information will not be sent to Housing until early May for fall admits.
What is a health hold?
All new students are required to complete pre-entrance health requirements as a condition for entry to campus housing. When you meet all TCNJ health requirements, Student Health Services will release your health hold. If you have not done so already, please go online to the Student Health Services’ website and download “Pre-Entrance Health Requirement Packet.”
It is important that you get started on completing these requirements right away because you may need to get a missing vaccination or locate a record. It also takes time after you submit your records for Student Health Services to review them. Please allow sufficient time!
Please note that students who are applying to live in campus housing are required to have a meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination within 5 years of July 15, 2023. If you had this vaccination more than 5 years ago, even by one day, a second vaccination is needed (NO EXCEPTIONS). Student Health Services also recommends that students between 16-23 years of age get vaccinated against meningococcal meningitis type B. Please talk to your healthcare provider and request this vaccination. To clarify, only the meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination is REQUIRED to live in campus housing.