Congratulations on your acceptance to TCNJ! Please follow the instructions below for information on how to apply for housing, as well as some common questions that transfer students often ask.
Applying for Housing:
- Login to My Housing and select Transfer/Waitlist Housing Application (available 2-3 days after your enrollment deposit has been processed)
- Click on the application for the desired academic year
- Fill out the personal profile, emergency contact and additional information pages. The housing contract and meal plan selection pages will open up to you after you have been assigned a room.
Frequently Asked Questions:
If I am assigned a space, where will it be?
At TCNJ, we house students by class cohort. First year students live in Travers, Wolfe, Centennial, Allen, Brewster, Ely and Norsworthy. Sophomores live in Eickhoff, New Residence, Decker, Cromwell, Norsworthy and Townhouse East. Juniors and Seniors live in the Townhouses, Hausdoerffer and Phelps.
You can view building details by clicking on the ‘residential facilities’ tab on the menu header above.
As a newly admitted student, what are my chances of getting offered a space on campus for my first semester/academic year at TCNJ?
Housing for transfers is assigned based on availability. Historically, we have been able to offer housing to transfer students well beyond those who are guaranteed housing and we anticipate this will be the same for the upcoming semester. However, as space is limited students are encouraged to apply for housing as soon as possible to increase his/her chances of being housed. We will prioritize the wait list by the date a student applies and their distance to campus from their home address.
What if I cannot log in to My Housing?
If you are having difficulty signing into My Housing and you are receiving the error message “your details cannot be found,” please check if:
- You are using your correct username and password (the same one you use to check your TCNJ email or log into PAWS)
- You have sent in your admissions deposit and allowed enough time for Housing to receive your student information. Please note that student information will not be sent to Housing until early May for fall admits.
What is a health hold?
All new students are required to complete pre-entrance health requirements as a condition for entry to campus housing. When you meet all TCNJ health requirements, Student Health Services will release your health hold. If you have not done so already, please go online to the Student Health Services’ website and download “Pre-Entrance Health Requirement Packet.”
It is important that you get started on completing these requirements right away because you may need to get a missing vaccination or locate a record. It also takes time after you submit your records for Student Health Services to review them. Please allow sufficient time!
Please note that students who are applying to live in campus housing are required to have a meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination within 5 years of July 15, 2020. If you had this vaccination more than 5 years ago, even by one day, a second vaccination is needed (NO EXCEPTIONS). Student Health Services also recommends that students between 16-23 years of age get vaccinated against meningococcal meningitis type B. Please talk to your healthcare provider and request this vaccination. To clarify, only the meningococcal meningitis ACYW vaccination is REQUIRED to live in campus housing.