The College of New Jersey Logo

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     Three Bar Menu

Residence Hall FAQs

What is an area office?

Each residential area has an office that provides replacement keys and residence hall stickers for IDs. They are open from 8 a.m. to midnight daily.

Map of TCNJ Campus.

What do I do if I lose my key?

If you lose or misplace your room key, report the loss to the Key’Osk in Eickhoff immediately; your lock will be changed to ensure your safety. When the lock change is completed, new keys will be available in the Key’Osk. While the exact lock change costs vary based on building and key type, the average lock change charge for a hard key is $50.00 and a soft key is $25.00.

What do I do if I get locked out of my room?

If you are locked out of your room during regular Key’Osk hours (10 a.m. to midnight), a spare key can be issued by the office staff for a maximum of twenty-four hours. After twenty-four hours, an administrative lock change will be executed for security purposes. Present your valid TCNJ ID for confirmation; if your ID is not immediately available, the office staff can validate your identity through alternate means. After midnight, when the Key’Osk is closed, students who are locked out can contact the staff on duty by calling the CA on Duty number. We emphasize the importance of carrying your keys with you at all times. Repeated negligence may result in disciplinary action. See the Key Policy listed under Policies and Regulations for specific details.

Where do I pick up my mail?

Upon moving into the hall, you will receive a key or combination to your mailbox, located near your hall office. US mail is delivered to hall offices Monday through Friday, three times a week.

Your mail should be addressed with:

Your name

2000 Pennington Road

Your Building / Room #

Ewing, NJ 08628

If you have any problems with your mailbox or paper mail, please speak to someone in your hall office!

What do I do if something breaks in my room?

All non-emergency work or work order requests should be submitted to the Facilities Portal. Requests can also be made via phone at 609.771.2353 if computer access is unavailable. Or you can visit your hall office staff to report any issues or general repairs within the residence hall.

After hours, weekends, or holidays, the Campus Police Dispatcher at 609.771.2167 should be called in the event of an emergency.

What if my personal property is damaged in my room?

Please see the Student Property Insurance page.

What happens if something goes wrong when the office is closed?

In every residential location, staff are immediately available to students via an overnight duty rotation. Community Advisers are available in each hall office from 8 p.m. to midnight and are accessible in their room from midnight until 8 a.m. for emergencies. When situations arise that are beyond the limit of these student staff, senior and professional staff members are available to them via a duty rotation from 4:30 p.m. until 8 a.m. daily.

Go to the Top

What amenities are available in my room or building?

While each residence hall has its own unique personality, every residence has laundry facilities and a vending area. Each room on campus is furnished with a bed, dresser, closet or wardrobe, desk and chair, trash cans, blinds, and shower curtains (where applicable). Most facilities have study lounges and a multi-purpose main lounge and offer some type of common cooking facility.

Does my room have an Internet connection?

All residential rooms on campus offer a hard-wired ethernet connection as well as access to the TCNJ wireless system.  Residents are encouraged to visit the RES Net website to determine the type of connection available in your building, as well as answer any residential computing-related questions.

Are there vending machines in my building?

Each residence hall lobby and Townhouse laundry room is equipped with coin-operated soda and/or fruit juice, and snack machines.

What is the GetIt card?

The GetIt card is an account that is available on your TCNJ ID card and is separate from any on-campus dining program. The account is designed to allow you the flexibility to frequent all dining facilities and on-campus bookstore, as well as access on-campus printing. For information about the card, stop by Student Accounts, Green Hall 119, or visit the Card Services website. There is a $1 to 1 GetIt point equivalency.

Who do I contact if a vending machine isn’t working properly or is empty?

TCNJ provides students with quality convenience at a variety of locations across campus.

Please be sure to report any problems including machines that need to be refilled to 609.771.2301. Please be specific about the location and nature of the problem. If you lose money as part of a vending transaction refunds can be made available by going to Student Accounts in Green Hall 119 during business hours.

How do I do my laundry on campus?

TCNJ students have the convenience of coinless laundry! Washers and dryers are easily accessed in all residence halls. To report any broken washers or dryers, please complete a laundry work order. If you are not able to access the internet, call 609.771.2301 and be as specific as possible: including the location and nature of the problem.

How do I report a broken washer or dryer?

Please report a broken washer or dryer. You can also scan the QR codes visible throughout laundry rooms. To expedite the repair process, please place an “Out of Order” sign on the broken appliance.

What is a microfridge and how do I get one?

TCNJ has paired up with Campus Specialties, Inc. to provide students with the option of renting or purchasing various equipment including refrigerators, MicroFridge combos, safes, surge protectors, and more! With purchase or rental of this equipment, they are delivered directly to your room before move-in. If you have any further questions about this option or you would like to place an order, please visit MicroFridge.

What if I have equipment from Campus Specialties but it is defective or stopped working?

If you received equipment that was defective or stopped working during the year, please visit MicroFridge and see the “Repairs” section for more details.

Go to the Top

My question isn’t on here. What should I do?

If your question isn’t addressed here, please feel free to contact us through e-mail at or by calling 609.771.2301.


Residential Education and Housing
Eickhoff Hall, Room 114
The College of New Jersey
PO Box 7718
2000 Pennington Rd.
Ewing, NJ 08628

609.771.2301 Phone
609.637.5165 Fax
Office Directory