Accommodation Requests through Accessibility Resource Center
The Department of Residential Education and Housing at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) is committed to providing housing for all students who meet housing criteria as outlined in the Annual Residence Hall and Dining Services Contract and A Guide to Residence Living. Specifically, Residential Education and Housing works in conjunction with the Accessibility Resource Center to accommodate students with documented disabilities.
- Students who are requesting accommodations for housing must be registered with the Accessibility Resource Center to process housing accommodations.
- Students with temporary conditions (injuries) and/or medical situations (short term illness) are not considered persons with disabilities and would not apply for housing support through their office. Instead, if temporary arrangements are required, they should be requested through Residential Education and Housing.
- Air conditioning units are not available to students with asthma or severe allergies. Personal air filtering units are acceptable depending upon the building electrical capacities.
Please visit the Acessibility Resource Center website for information on eligibility and registration, documentation and guidelines, as well as resources.
- Once students are registered and approved for housing accommodations all information regarding eligible accommodations will be communicated to Residential Education and Housing through Accessibility Resource Center.
- The Accessibility Resource Center will evaluate all disability accommodation requests on an individual basis, including discussion with the student and our office. At times, the Accessibility Resource Center may consult with necessary campus officials to assist in determining disability accommodations.
- Request must be made in a timely manner considering the deadlines for the housing lottery and room selection and first year/transfer housing placement processes.